Thursday 29 January 2009

TS Unique

Photobucket

I had a little one-woman debate in my mind today about whose SS09 collection I would like to get my grubby little hands on the most (main condenders: Alexander Wang, Balmain, Christopher Kane...result: inconclusive!) which then led me to ponder what collection I would realistically get the most wear out of if it happenned to all be delivered to my door tomorrow.

And the result? Conveniently it was Topshop Unique (convenient in price comparison to Balmain, that is).

I think most of us can confess to a love affair with eighties denim right now, and I am always a fan of a well-cut sexy suit (shoulder pads left in the eighties, thank you). I am sure you have all seen the collection already, but I am always happy to champion Topshop's design efforts because there isn't another UK store that I believe is even close to them in terms of styling and designer collaborations.
Right now I am eagerly waiting for their SS09 collections to hit down in store or online so I can buy myself some decent clothes - I swear I have worn the same 2 t shirts and jeans/leggings out for the past 3 months now! I have turned into a right dirtbag.

10 comments:

AlixRose said...

If I had all the money in the world I would buy the collections you mentioned. I love them! If only I was a proper socialite and clothes were thrown at me.. oh life.
I adore the unique collection as well. I want to rock the denim this spring.. def!

shoulder pads... no thank you.. hee!

Anonymous said...

being a dirtbag does have its own sex appeal tho...
this line is fabulous. i can totally picture every one of these looks in your closet...the one i imagine for you anyway.
kisses,
chloe

agnes said...

lucky you.. I wish i have a topshop store nearby. *sigh

Baybay Mama said...

I love it. I wish I had a Top Shop here!

natalya said...

I do hate it when people buy their entire wardrobe from Topshop and assume that means they're instantly really stylish...I remember when Topshop was just a slaggy shop. Ahh back in the day. When all my own clothes were from Addams Kids. If I had all the money in the world I would hire an army of skilled worker elves to create all the imaginary outfits I create in my head. Really nice blog by the way. This world needs more popular Britain-based bloggers...

Eri said...

Everyone is waiting for the collection on line, as queues are hard to brave at the Oxford Circus shop.
I much prefer the High Street Kesington one, it has a smaller selection but is not really busy.

life . style . dissected said...

ugh, i have been wearing the same clothes everyday for months now.

i just can't be bothered to dress up in the winter....

so yes, i completely agree that a shopping spree is in MAJOR order!!

x
melissa

Anonymous said...

I wish we had topshop here in Australia. There is no equivalent here that matches it in terms of design and price. It's such a shame our dollar is so bad compared to the pound.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. I did have a lovely day! And I use a Canon 1000D with the 18-55mm IS lense.

Eleanor said...

I love the black high waisted pants.
xx eleanor

12345... said...

if my pockets were fat i would have balmain and alex . wow they are wow!
bisous gretydoll